
You might be wondering what I've been eating. I keep posting photos of my food on Facebook and people seem to *like* what they see. This was last night's dinner and today's lunch. (If you've seen it already, you might want to shut your eyes.) Simple meals with protein and veggies.
I usually eat breakfast around 6:00 AM and today at 8:00 AM I was craving Starbucks mocha and by 10:00 AM I was starving! The advice "my guy" gave me was to do burpees to fend off the mocha cravings and then to eat "meeaaaat" to cure my hunger. Both really good pieces of advice, though I was in my cubicle at work for the burpees text message and I had already eaten shhhreeeeeeiiimmmp by the meat Facebook message. By 3:00 PM I wanted to close my eyes and call it a day. What the hell - right? This Paleo stuff is supposed to make me feel great.
Thank goodness for my CrossFit community. They are some of the most inspiring people I know and they really keep me in check. The moment she had a chance, Christy grilled me about what I had had for breakfast. Three eggs over lettuce. "What about the fat?" she says. OH YEAH! The fat. So people, The Zone formula is 40% carbohydrate, 30% protein, and 30% fat, which is a good formula to use. Apparently my body will burn the fat more efficiently, especially with all the working out. The lack of fat in my diet has left me tired and hungry. There is a much better explanation for how this all works, but I'm too tired tonight. I forgot the fat in my dinner apparently too.
Oh the psychology of language: I love that Christy "grilled" you.
ReplyDeleteI think the theory goes that if you consume fat, you burn fat and if you cut fat, your body will convert carbs into fat. So you want the right combination of calories and the right combination of workouts: glycogen burning vs fat burning. Take all of this with a grain of salt (pun intended), as I am not really qualified to get into a meaningful discussion on the science behind the nutrition or the ATP transfer process.