Thursday, January 5, 2012

Man down.


This has been a tough day. We've been watching my mom's dog Doobie, while she's been out of town. He's been sick for a few weeks - the kind of sick that hasn't been easy to diagnose or fix. Today, I took him for an ultrasound of the abdomen and they found a large mass attached to his right kidney. The surgery to remove the growth would be too much for the little guy. He's also so severely anemic that he is a good candidate for a blood transfusion. Sadly, Doobie will soon join Mae Pearl Louise, Taylor, Josie, Bonnie Rae, Elvis and all our other furry friends who have transitioned. There will be a party in doggie heaven for sure.

Also, I've been feeling a bit weird today. I have had odd cramps in my feet and a stitch in my side while at rest. I feel spacey and my lungs are tight. Joe suggested that I might be adjusting to ketosis and possibly fighting a bug. I went so far as to show up to CrossFit tonight and then leave after it was clear that I wasn't in a good place to stress myself further. I will take Joe's advice tonight - increase D3 levels, drink Nuun to hydrate, and get extra sleep.

That's a wrap on day 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment