Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 11 - Miracles abound

It's funny how things change. I'm working hard to just be in the moment so I don't start expecting anything. The picture is of my CrossFit crew working through a horrid work out involving some torturous volume of pull ups. As I recall, I was the last person to finish this WOD.

Well.....today I was able to do three (yes 3!!!) unassisted chin ups in a row. I needed a sign that this paleo thing was doing something and I got one! That was miracle number one.

Miracle number two was that for the first time EVER on this challenge, I did not crave alcohol or chocolate! I did make an effort to eat more, so that may have had something to do with it. I did do something that I won't repeat though. I had some almond butter before the workout tonight. Not a good idea.

That's it for Day 11 - the best yet.

1 comment:

  1. Mel, I am *so* proud of you for getting your chin ups! I know how much you've been busting your ass, and I'm thrilled that you got the sign you were looking for.

    Also, welcome to getting over the hump. As I recall, Day 9 was the worst for me on my first challenge, a tenuous tipping point between "I'm doing a good job, but what's really happening here" and "Eff it, I want some damn pizza". I won't say it's all downhill from here, but reduced cravings mean your insulin sensitivity is well on its way to returning to stasis. Nice work. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete