Thanks to a persuasive invite from one of my inspiring CrossFit coaches Gina, I flew on a trapeze this past weekend. This was a great way to end the year. I had never had the desire to flail myself by a bar back and forth 22 feet in the air before then, but now I can't wait to go back. I guess that is the point. How many times have you convinced yourself you can't do something? I walked into that place - Jordan's Furniture in Reading, you know where the IMAX theater is - and almost walked right back out. I got there early and had to keep myself from leaving, so I texted Damema for moral support. Luckily, Gina walked in. She appeared calm and cool, but had a slight crease in the middle of her forehead that gave away the fact that she was slightly nervous as well. We were in this together and if she needed reassurance, I was going to give it to her. She already told me I was "going to be *great*" on Facebook, so I had to believe.
The one thing I learned about this adventure was that I just had to let go and trust the process. If I followed the directions, moved myself correctly, and looked for the catcher's hands, everything was going to work out. If I missed, things were still going to work out because someone was watching my back and controlling my fall to the net. I was successful because I had help the whole way.
So on this Paleo challenge I have some help. I have a guy. His name is Joe and he is my coach at CrossFit MASS. I also have a partner, Damema; and another CrossFit coach, Gina; and my friend Karen from work; and Tom, my brother from another mother; and Webb who promises to read this blog; and my buddy Katherine in Milwaukee. I have asked for help because I know myself enough to know that is how I am going to succeed both with this challenge and in life. If you need help, just ask. I'm here for you too.
Another day down.
And reading it we are!
ReplyDeleteyep. reading it and keeping tabs on you.
ReplyDelete