Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 7 - Gentle Reminder

I hadn't realized until today that historically Sundays have been drinking and movie days. I went to the 10:00 am CrossFit class where I was amped, hyper and feeling great. When I got home all I wanted to do was drink. (By the way, I don't have a drinking problem. I have a sugar/carbohydrate problem and it shows up as cravings for alcohol. Just want to make sure you are all clear on that!) Thank goodness Gina was available via text to offer a quick intervention. She reminded me of all the benefits of doing a 30 day Paleo.
  • You're hitting your body's reset button.
  • You're allowing your digestive system to be cleared of known irritants so you're able to process nutrients more effectively.
  • You're increasing insulin sensitivity.
  • You're working your way to your most badass self in the process.
  • You'll lift heavier, jump higher, and increase your efficiency with very little additional physical effort.
I needed the reminder because Damema (in front of me!!) enjoyed multiple helpings of ice cream and varied alcoholic beverages. At one point I had to leave the house to go to a Bikram class just to save myself. I will get to the point where I can conduct my own simple interventions. In the meantime though, I appreciate the help. You rock Gina and I am noticing a difference in my workouts already!

1 comment: