Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Days 29 and 30 - The end? Or, just the beginning?

I made it! I can't even imagine going back to my naughty ways. The creamy, rich addition of cream to my coffee; or the smooth, cold sweetness of ice cream on my tongue; or the gassy, uncomfortable, bubbles of beans in my guts; or the classic post-sugar pig out nap; or the morning after nausea and headache after a night of too much wine....Or even worse, dwindling improvements to my WOD times and lifts. Aaaaah!!

The day 30 measurements are:
31 - Belly (start 32)
32.7 - hips (start 34)

That is a new bodyfat total of 17% - a loss of 3.36% in 30 days. If that isn't reason enough to try something like this for yourself, I don't know what is.

Well here are some other reasons -
I started out with very bad cravings for alcohol and chocolate. They are gone.
I successfully started tapering the citalopram (generic Celexa).
I learned a ton about myself through this process.
I went from 2 unassisted chin ups to 3.
I stepped outside my comfort zone and challenged myself to try something different.
Kale is my new best friend.
I love black coffee.
I found joy in blogging about this journey.
I signed up for CF L1 Trainer certification.
I found myself feeling euphoric in the middle of the week.
I am better able to concentrate.
I learned how to ask for help when needed. (Thank you Joe, Gina and Christy! You are my rocks.)

All of this in 30 days!!! What a trip.

What's next you ask?

I will continue to eat Paleo, but at 85%. This will allow for cheat meals and occasional libations. I will not be adding grains back in as they are not for me. I will continue to work hard on my work outs to see just how far I can take this 37.5 year old body. I will also continue to blog.

Thank you for reading and supporting me. Stay tuned for more adventures in Paleo Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment