Thursday, October 5, 2017

Square Peg, Round Hole

I'm constantly amazed at how social media has changed the world of relationships. Friends= the number of followers you have and basic exchanges over the internet= real conversations. The internet is a dangerous place.

It is full of false relationships. It is full fo the dangers of comparing yourself to others. It is full of avoidance and time suck, escape and wrong information. It is full of false admiration and fake reality.

In trying to envision my goals it has been hard not to squash my own momentum because I saw (on the internet) "so and so" doing "x, y, and z" with "x and y" being what I want to do. I find myself trying to fit into other's ideas, rather than creating my own.

Time to stop trying to fit my square self into someone else's round hole. (I know that sounds so very wrong...)

Regarding the internet, a friend said, "own it, or it will own you."

No comments:

Post a Comment