Go West or go east? That was the 2006 dilemma. We decided to go east for the sake of ease and also my mom was/is getting older. There are no guarantees on life and we wanted to get married and have a kid. Massachusetts was the state for us to get our gay rights... the gayest of them all. In any event, I didn't think the east coast adventure would last more than a few years and we would be on our way. The housing market crashed though, so we were stuck. Now it's 2017 and we have no mortgage. I'm in a job that is a great experience, but isn't forever. Also, I'm not going back to Boston... I just can't.
So...what is the next step?
I was looking on the map for the states that didn't vote for Trump. So we have some options. New York, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon and Washington. Those are the states (aside from Massachusetts) that we would consider. Of course, our friends are in California - which feels so damn great. So... the future is an adventure. I want it to continue to be that way... as long as our kiddo feels stable and loved in our family.
I know at some point his friends will become more important than his family. Hopefully by then, we'll have a place that feels like ours and a place to settle down.
No comments:
Post a Comment