I was rehashing a conversation I had with my boss in the middle of the night. That is apparently the best time to think - at least my brain thinks so, much more often than I'd like.
In any case, I was working from home to help my mom out with some stuff. He (the boss) told me I was a good daughter. To which I responded, "I have to earn my keep". My question is - do all children feel that way? Do they all feel like they have to earn their parent's love or approval?
Let me start out by saying that my mother is great. She worked her way out of poverty, provided an amazing education for me and my brothers, and gave us everything we needed. She worked hard and she did it all herself. (She's now retired.)
I was just surprised by my quick response to that statement.
No comments:
Post a Comment