It is so hard not to be suspicious of the dualities of my personality. I so want a break from life and as soon as I do, I want my routine back.
That aside, it is time for Paleo Challenge 2013 to get started. Should be easy though right? If I want routine this is the ultimate in routinization. I did a challenge back in September but didn't blog about it. I find the beginning of the year challenge to be a little more difficult after a month of indulgences. (Mostly alcoholic indulgences.)
Today at CrossFit a client asked if I had any resolutions. 2012 was one of the best years a girl could ask for but as things were winding down to holiday break, I found myself a ball of stress. Things are going to change drastically in 2013 with the arrival of the bouncing baby boy and all the stressors that go along with it. Additionally, my mom is having shoulder replacement surgery and Damema and I are finally going to tie the knot. With that will come a name change for me. I think at this point I am most nervous and anxious about the arrival of our baby boy. I hate seeing Damema in pain and I know this is going to be one of those things that will be outside of my control in EVERY way possible. All change is stress whether good or bad.
I plan to get my eating and insulin response back on track with the paleo challenge in January as well as focus on a work out that will not increase cortisol levels too much. With that I have a goal of a 200# back squat. Breathing and taking care of myself are going to be the key to making this year the best yet. In any case, I know the paleo challenge is boring to read about, but please bear with me while I take on the roller coaster ride over 30 days starting January 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment