I haven't posted in a while. We've been through so much change. All good.
So after having an identity crisis, I've started lifting again. My shoulders are feeling good. I've also employed help to try to balance the shoulder girdle with some programming from a coach. On Black Friday I bought Crossover Symmetry. I am not fucking around this time. No more shoulder issues to sideline me.
Which is good because the next big competition is in Aukland, New Zealand. I have to qualify by the end of January.
The strangest part of all of this is my weight. I lost a good bit while I was off of lifting. I'm sure mostly muscle, but my clothes are loose and well frankly, I like that. So my biggest challenge in getting into lifting again is keeping the weight off, while getting stronger. I really hated the cutting part of competing. If I stay where I'm at, I won't need to cut anything - and that is how I'd like to keep it. The reality of life for me - I'm not immune to my thoughts and feelings about my weight. "Strong is the new skinny" is how I relate to the world regardless of what the scale says. I'm not looking for skinny. I just don't want to have to cut weight, so I'm great where I'm at. Just need to keep it that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment