Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Underwear

I forgot to pack underwear again. Yes, every night I pack my bag for the next day. I get up at 4 something in the morning; cruise down to CrossFit Medusa; either coach or work out; shower and then go to work. Underwear has been important to me over the years, though I'm not exactly sure why.

I look to my son. We put diapers on him to prevent him from peeing all over the world.  In moments of freedom we think "oh it would be fun to have him run around naked in the backyard - freeing." Well, the kid would prefer to have a diaper on and becomes distressed without one.  Is that similar to wearing underwear?

Seriously, not having underwear is anxiety producing. It was 90 something degrees today and I was seriously concerned about butt crack marks. (Does that ever happen?)  Also, sometimes after you wipe there is (forgive me), moistness.  All of that FEELING is overtly obvious in the absence of underwear. 

At the same time it is freeing.  I felt the distance between my butt cheeks and my pants.  The air was circulating everywhere.  It was easy to pee - no underwear to tackle - just pants.

In the end, I went to the Gap, bought 5 pairs of undies for $25.  I'm throwing them in the car in case I forget again.  Seriously, I would never live down butt crack marks...



No comments:

Post a Comment